Determine the spherical-harmonic bandwidth that is necessary to achieve a certain concentration factor.
lwin = SHFindLWin (
lwin: output, integer
- The spherical harmonic bandwidth
theta0: input, real*8
- The angular radius of the spherical cap in radians.
m: input, integer
- The angular order of the taper.
alpha: input, real*8
- The desired concentration factor of the window. This must lie between 0 and 1.
taper_number: optional, input, integer, default = 1
- The taper number corresponding to the angular order
m. The default is to use the first taper.
SHFindLWin will determine the spherical harmonic bandwidth that is required for a window of the spherical-cap concentration problem to achive a certain concentration factor. By default, the first taper corresponding to the angular order
m will be used, but this can be modified by specifying the optional argument
Wieczorek, M. A. and F. J. Simons, Localized spectral analysis on the sphere, Geophys. J. Int., 162, 655-675, 2005.